Friday, August 22, 2014

Let Me Air My Opinion....

.... or not. 
This was the verse for my 27th year of life. 

Proverbs 18:2 (NIV)

Fools find no pleasure in understanding

    but delight in airing their own opinions.


I tried to work on not airing my own opinion. Let me tell you, I was and still am not the best at it. But, when you pick a verse to work on for 365 days, God will bring it to your mind quite a few times. I think the most challenging part was learning that not everyone wanted my opinion! That sounds very proud, and well that because I was and still am. I didn't need to chime in on every conversation I was around. And, I didn't need to let every person know exactly what I was thinking or feeling, especially about the decisions they were making. I learned that the people who wanted my opinion or advice usually asked for it. Many times I still opened my mouth to let so and so know what I thought was better or the best way to do something. But, many times, I would start open my mouth, God would gently say, 'Are you about to air your own opinion?". And, I would slowly, and many times stubbornly close my mouth. 

As we just celebrated my 28th birthday, with many freebies through e-mails and rewards cards, I had time to think back to the many times Proverbs 18:2 ran through my head this year. Praise God that He can change us from the inside out. I can't wait to see what verse He points out to me for my 28th year of life :)
At Noodles & Company.
They ironically gave us the
table number 28 :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this is so challenging and convicting. I can definitely see the work of this verse evidenced in your life. You are so special!

    ReplyDelete