Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Firsts!

We've had a few firsts this past week!
To start off....
Emma has learned to put her foot in her mouth. Literally.



Her first Jumperoo! Jay's mom found a really good deal on Amazon and it was at our door in just a few days. Emma enjoys this so much!


We were needing some 'cleaning up' done around our house for another one of our firsts. On Saturday's our Bible Study is part of the Service Team. The Service Team goes around and just asks if any work needs to be done on people's houses or yards. While Jay was out doing that, I was having my own little service project. I got the back patio re-mulched and decorated the front a little. Here's a before and after. 


Of course, I had a helper. 


All of this 'cleaning up' was for our first time hosting our Bible Study and friends after church. Since Emma was born, our house has been put on hold a little from hosting. I'm taking the plunge and trying it again. 
Here's some pictures of all the fun!

Jay & I had homemade shish kabobs. Yum!

The badminton net got some good use! 



I was able to clean up our patio furniture just in time!



 We also had games of ladder golf and even bags going!


Overall, it was such an enjoyable evening. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a movie!!! We all enjoyed watching good ole Robin Hood, the animated version! 

The last first.... I wish it was the Emma was getting her first tooth; although I'm convinced she is, but there's no proof yet. Our little munchkin had her first cold. We got her checked out and it's just a head cold. As sad as it is that she's a little stuffed up, I'm so thankful that this is her first cold and she's almost 6 months old!!! Hope she keeps her immune system working like this for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment