Saturday, May 19, 2012

"Mom, I Would Like to Grow Up This Week"

That is what I think Emma was trying to tell me this last week. I feel like it's been a big week in our house. Here's why:

1. Emma is getting her first molar. Yikes. It's not a pleasant experience for either one of us at the moment. We'll see what it looks like when it pushes all the way through!

2. Emma decided to extend her bedtime by about 45 minutes to an hour! I know. Crazy! She was just doing so well when we were out and about and even at home. We had nothing to do with this, but we do enjoy spending a little more time with our precious girl. 

3. Emma is working on feeding herself with a spoon! I normally let her play with her spoon just so she is familiar with it. I do this so SOMEDAY she'll start using it. That someday was this week!


This definitely makes meal time a bit messier when we work on it, but it's totally worth it. We've tried applesauce, chocolate pudding, and cottage cheese so far. She's loving it!

4. With all the messes we make from learning to eat with a spoon, I'm teaching Emma a few basic cleaning up rules. She has helped pick up dirty clothes around the house as she pushes the laundry baskets from one side of the house to the other, successfully unloaded an entire load of laundry from the dryer, and a few other things. This particular day, she happen to have her cup upside down and a little water leaked onto the floor. She INSISTED that it be wiped up; so I let her do it herself! 
What a great helper!

  

5. This one is for fun, but Emma is becoming more and more independent as a 'big girl'. She tends to play a lot on her own in the house and outside. This is super nice for me! I tend to get a little more done or just sit and watch her. :)  She was loving playing in the dirt and throwing rocks this day. She kept bringing me different rocks and saying, "Ohhhhh!" & "Ahhhhh". 





6. Last, Emma is now in a big bed! With our next little girl on the way, oh, in about 75ish days, we thought Emma should get used to a big girl bed. 

We even waved bye-bye to the crib when it was completely taken apart. 

Of course, Emma wanted to help. 

If she only knew what she was doing......

I think she's pretty happy about her big bed!!!
Don't worry we added some body pillows at the end and
along the wall for some more protection. 

The first night went pretty well; we didn't hear a peep from her! I went to check on her at about 7:30 am and she was sleeping in the middle of her floor! I'm not sure how she got there or how long she was sleeping there. She looked SOOOOO precious though. She then walked right out of her room at about 8:30 and joined us for breakfast! 
Nap time went better. She napped for 2 hours and stayed in bed the whole time. When she woke up she just came out to the living room and joined us for the afternoon. We'll see how it goes; I think there are a few adjustments we'll need to make, but I feel like it went much better for the first night than I thought it would!

No comments:

Post a Comment