Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Please Welcome....

Lily Noelle Udey

Lily joined us on her due date, August 4, 2012 at 1:14am. She came in quite a bit heavier than Emma, weighing 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 1/4" long. 
If you'd like the story, here it is.
Friday, August 3, I started having contractions at 4:30pm. I thought I'd write them down, because with chasing Emma around it's hard to remember things..... My sister, Cara, was planning on coming over after she figured some things out with our phone company. And, I wanted her to try my yummy, homemade ice cream cake! Contractions continued but were still 20-30 minutes apart. When Jay got home at 6, we all ended up going to the mall to finish our phone business. I decided to let Emma play in the play center so I could sit down. The phone business ended up taking until about 7:15. By this time, my contractions had been 10 minutes apart since 6:45, BUT we hadn't had dinner yet. We headed to Q'doba, and I joked to Cara that maybe this was my 'last supper'. 
Contractions continued. We got home and it was about 8:45pm. My contractions had been 10 minutes apart for 2 hours, so I called Kayla to come over and watch Emma. Things worked out SOOOO perfect. Emma didn't even flinch when we left. Those boys must have put a spell on her. :)

Getting ready for Lily's entrance into the world!

We checked into the hospital about 9pm. I was at a 4, 90%, and my water had broke. Our nurse was amazing, and we chatted for quite a bit. I started having pain in my back and moved from a bed to an exercise ball. (awesome decision!!) Then, I got my first dose of fentanyl. After that kicked in, I was up to a 6, and the nurse said if I wanted an epidural I should probably get it at this point, because I was progressing so fast. By the time I got the epidural and was checked, I was at an 8, and she could feel her head. The delivery table hadn't been set up yet nor had the doctor been called. Both happened. Then the pressure came. I was ready to push but had to wait for the doctor. We waited about 30-40 minutes, you know, just chillin' and chattin'........ Then less than 10 contractions worth of pushing later, Lily was here!!!!!

I remember the first thing I said was, "She has so much hair!" I think her and Emma have about the same amount! 

We cannot thank Kayla and our parents enough! Kayla came over as soon as I called her, Jay's parents drove down that night and were with Emma until Sunday, and my parents came in Sunday afternoon and were with Emma until we came home on Monday. Thank you to all who were praying also. I wish I had time to list all the specific things I'm so thankful that so many people have already done, but that list may get a little long. :) Our support system down here is so large, I know I'm missing someone. But, thank you. We are so excited for our newest addition!!!

After her first bath.

Going home outfit.
Enjoying her last moments in the hospital.

Proud sister!
Proud parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment