Friday, August 3, 2012

Unfailing Love

I've been doing a Beth Moore study with some of the ladies from Westtown. It has been beyond amazing, and I LOVE MY GROUP!!!! Most weeks each day of the study is about a different topic/something to work through. But, this week we focused on God's unfailing love ALL week! I thought I'd share a few highlights as we all need a reminder of how God's love is way different that human love.
-His love endures forever (Psalm 136)
-"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54: 10
-We tend to love people according to how they act. (Not so with God)
-God stands by us until we are free. He uses various forms of discomfort to woo us to cry out to Him, but He never forsakes us. God is the only One who is not repelled by the depth and length of our needs.
-Satisfaction comes when Christ fills every empty place.

Why do we have such trouble believing and accepting the love of God?

-Belief is not a feeling. It's a choice. We may live many days when we don't feel loved or lovely; but in spite of our emotions, we can choose to take God at His Word.
-Anything we perceive about God that does not match up with (1) the truth of Scripture and (2) the portrayal of His character in Scripture -- is a lie.

"To love God in a way defined by the great commandment is to seek God for his own sake, to have pleasure in him and to strive impulsively after him." (New International Commentary on the New Testament)

It was amazing to think about God's unfailing love in such a different way and to ponder how much I love Him and seriously how much He loves me. During our session, Epicenter was ending for the year in the main sanctuary and the band started playing "Your Love Never Fails". Talk about PERFECT timing. I proposed to the group that we go sing along, and it wasn't long before we were all out of our seats worshiping the amazing God we serve. 
I'll leave you with a few of the lyrics.

Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails
.......
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/jesus-culture-your-love-never-fails-lyrics.html ]
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails
.......
You make all things work together for my good 



No comments:

Post a Comment