Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to the Baby Toys....

Lately, I've had a few friends over who have a child younger than Emma. So... I dig out the baby toys for them, and Emma loves it! She's gotten stuck sitting in the Bumbo chair, trapped under a play mat, and confused with some other toys. I guess that's what happens when you grow up...

Can't I still take a bath in here?

After changing Emma's sheets this week, I decided to let her play on her mattress. My hope is that she will get used to the mattress being on the floor, and we won't have a lot of problems when she makes the switch to a big bed..... in a few months!!!!! 
I think she's enjoying it so far!




I made potato soup this week! It was SOOOOOO good!

Ingredients
6 slices bacon, crumbled
8 medium potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup skim milk
3/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cup chicken broth
12 oz light sour cream
2 Tbsp parsley
1 Tsp basil
3 1/2 Tbsp seasoned salt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Directions
1. Put the cut up potatoes in a bowl and microwave them for 8 minutes. 
2. In a pot on the stove, melt butter. Cook onions & garlic in melted butter. Cook until a little brown. Add milk slowly, whisk in flour. Gradually whisk in chicken broth. 
Simmer for 10 minutes or until soup thickens.
3. Stir in potatoes, crumbled bacon, sour cream, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, parsley, & basil. 
Mix together.
4. Pour into crock pot on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are as soft as you'd like!


Later dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment