Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pie-er -- Pacifier -- Big Girl

When Emma started using words, pacifier came out sounding like pie-er. Add a few months to her and she got down the word pacifier. Add a few more months and it was finally time to let go. I had tried to take it away/"lose" it a few months ago and that went very poorly. She screamed and screamed. So, I caved. This time, we knew no matter what, it had to go.
She was pretty attached to it and needed it to sleep. She would even wake up in the night screaming if the clip simply came off of her shirt. Dramatic. I think so. Needless to say, we were not looking forward to this at all. BUT, we are on night 5 without it and things are going better than we expected. The first night was a bit rough, but I think she understands that it is gone forever. Every once in a while she'll ask about it, but I remind her that it broke, and that she threw it away. I'm beyond thankful that it is gone.

Since that isn't the most fun thing to post about, I thought I'd include some Emma activities from this past weekend.

This past weekend, we went to a parade! Emma loved the 4th of July parade, so we traveled to Adel on Saturday.




One day, Emma asked Jay to swing her on his weight lifting belt. Pretty cute if you ask me. :)


Last, we have started water painting. She is great at it!
Can't wait to create more pictures with her in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment