Friday, August 21, 2015

Goodbye 28...

Another year has passed..... and another verse has been worked on. Last year, I challenged myself to working on a specific verse for the whole year. Yep, 365 days... It was not that easy. Last year I worked on Proverbs 18:2 "Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinion." That was a tough one! If you'd like to look back and hear my thoughts from a year ago on it, you can find it here!



On to my 28th year of life! 



1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, 
pray continually, 
give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God's will for you
in Christ Jesus. 


I will have to admit that I did not do my best on living out this verse this year or consciously working on it. Being joyful and thankful does not come naturally for me. It is much easier for me to be negative, critical, and 'gently' point on things that people could do better on/at than being genuinely thankful that they are doing it at all! 

Think about this: "give thanks in ALL circumstances." 
It does not say, "give thanks when you feel like it", "give thanks when you've gotten a good night of sleep", "give thanks when you are healthy", "give thanks when life is going well", etc
I think you may get my point. It's easy to be thankful when things are going well, but when life gets rocky or I get a little irritated, frustrated, tired, exhausted, lazy, but most of all out of the Spirit, it is much harder to be thankful. This I will continue to work on... forever :)

I do like verse 17. Short and to the point. "Pray continually." 
This has been a verse that reminds me, although I'm not perfect and will continue to work on it, that God wants to be in communication with me (and you) all day long! Continually! Not just at the dinner table, not just before bed, not when things are super rough circumstantially, but ALL the time! 

I hope to continue to work on this through year 29 :) but, I also have another verse that the Lord may be prompting me to work on for 365 days. Until next year.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment