Saturday, January 21, 2012

Font-O & Enchiladas

Well, it wasn't a typo but at least 3 people have asked me if the big cupcake tin took fifteen (15) boxes and it didn't. Praise the Lord! It took one and a half (1.5). I think the font I'm using makes the periods twenty thousand times smaller and makes it even hard for me to see. So it wasn't a typo; it was a font-o.    :)
Oh smiley faces look weird too, but I just love the font too much to find another one quite yet.  

On to the new recipe!

Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 cup Picante Sauce (or Salsa)
2 tsp Chili Powder ( I didn't use this)
2 cups Chopped Cooked Chicken
1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
6 Flour Tortillas
1 Small Tomato, chopped
1 Green Onion, sliced

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350F. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce, and chili powder in medium bowl.

2. Stir 1 (one) cup soup mixture (from step 1), chicken and cheese in large bowl.

3. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down. Pour remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Cover baking dish.

4. Bake 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.

Wala!



Some tips: I baked the chicken and then pulled it apart and did all of the mixing during Emma's nap. That way all I had to do when it was about time for dinner was put the mixture in the tortillas and put it in the oven. I was going to try getting the dish completely ready, but I think the soup/sour cream/salsa mixture may make the tortillas soggy if I did that part a head of time.
Also, I always ask Jay what he thinks when I make new recipes. Both of us thought there was a little too much sauce (the step 1 mixture). So next time, I'll use probably 1/2 the amount OR just make twice as much!!!!! 

Hope this helps. Oh and to give credit when credit is due, this is a Campbell's recipe. 
Mmmm, Mmmmm good!


No comments:

Post a Comment