Monday, January 30, 2012

The Great Outdoors!

It's January 30th and 64 degrees outside!!!! Of course, I finally thought it was warm enough to let Emma explore the great outdoors!

I'm going to attempt to tell the future.... I think Emma is going to love summer and helping me with our gigantic yard! Check out the footage.


Hopefully she'll be a great helper picking up sticks this summer.


This was about an hour after we were outside....


I think I am going to like her burning some of the crazy amount of energy she has this summer too!

After lunch, we went back outside! (my hope was that the fresh air would tucker her out again and she'd nap well... we'll see)


It wasn't a phase. She picked up leaves after lunch too!


Can you say, "Cutest kid alive!"



Leaves, leaves, leaves...

Beautiful!

Her feelings towards snow.... (mine too!)

Hmm....

An after lunch snack....?

....yes.

Then, we took a stroll in the driveway. She's not much for sitting, so we'll see how the stroller goes this afternoon. So, I thought letting her wander in the driveway was good enough for now!



This last weekend was a big weekend.... for me. I spent my first night away from Emma, and I'm still alive!!!!! I was a bit nervous leaving her and I don't think it mattered who took care of her... she's our baby. Jay's mom came down and watched her and did such a wonderful job! I made myself not call or text her because I have all the trust in the world in her. Emma and Grandma did great and I know I'll be 100% more comfortable the next time after the results this time!

Wearing her 'Grandma's Crazy About Me!' shirt!
I forgot to explain why we went away! Jay's Holiday Party for work was Saturday night in Ames. We had such a enjoyable night, eating, chatting, and enjoying some dueling pianos! It was wonderful to finally meet a lot of the people Jay works with and put some faces with names!

We forgot to take a picture before we went to the party, so this is at 12:15am....
but none-the-less it's a picture of our first night away!

This is for MaryBeth!! I grew my nails out!!


I asked Emma to smile this morning with her kitty!


Tippy Toes!

Snack time!

Last, a recipe!!!! 
Found, of course, on Pinterest!

Cheesecake Factory's Raspberry Lemonade

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

Directions
1. Bring the cup of water to boil. Add sugar and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. 
(doesn't take that long)
2. Put raspberries in blender and add mixture from #1 in. Puree until smooth.
3. Put lemon juice into a 2 quart pitcher. Add #2 mixture to it. Then, add enough water to fill the container. 
4. Chill before serving. Sugar the rims for the extra cute look. :)

Tip: Strain the mixture if you can, there's lots of raspberry seeds that most people probably wouldn't want to drink.


I can't wait for summer to drink this in the backyard with just about anyone and bask in the sun!!!!!
Hope you are enjoying the weather today!

No comments:

Post a Comment